Relationship management and emotional intelligence have a deep traction with each other. So, what is the relationship management? The relationship management is to understand your own emotions and those of others to better synchronize and interact with each other. It is your ability to better handle the confrontation. The relationship management is your association with others around you that may form spontaneously or you build it yourself.
People who have a good score in emotional intelligence understand very well the importance of relationship management. They are well at connecting even with the people who are unknown to them; which depicts their relationship management ability. How strongly you are connected with others show how much you are socially aware and understand the emotions of others.
It would be safe to say that we should chase solid relationships. Furthermore, the relationship management also has an association with mutual understanding. If you want to convey your point of view in the most effective way, you need to be good at relationship management. The more you interact with other people in a positive approach, the more you get command on relationship management skill.
Mostly, the relationship management problem arises at the place of work. When people don’t manage their emotions and adopt a good course of action, they get distracted and fail to convey their point of view to others. You need to practice relationship management strategies to handle the conflicts and interact in a better way.
How to improve relationship management? There are no hard and fast rules but your ability to understand emotions of yours and others. However, there are some habits of people with good and bad relationship management skills. You can pick the good ones and implement to get better results in your relations.
People with good relationship management skills
- Have an ability to read the emotions of others.
- Their door is always open to constructive discussions.
- Ready to help others even when passing through their own storms of life.
- Care about others.
- They don’t talk useless.
- A term leader helps his staff to grow and properly handles the mistakes of the team without any regret.
- Understand their emotions and of others.
- When they talk to you, they make you feel that your opinion is important.
- They listen very carefully and patiently.
- Kind to others.
- Handle confrontation positively.
- Communicate effectively.
People with bad relationship management skills
- Show through their actions when they don’t like to build a relation.
- Sometimes they get over excited when they meet someone, many people don’t like that enthusiasm.
- When they don’t want to trust they make the other person feel that he is not trusted which is unhealthy for a relationship, therefore, new people hardly connect with them.
- They deny or ignore others’ opinion.
- They are not empathic.
- As a team leader, they don’t appreciate their team members.
- They see the negative side of every situation.
- Make others realize that they are unapproachable, which leaves a negative impact on their personality.
With the above-defined traits of people with good and bad relationship management skills, you can better understand the importance of managing the relationships. You can get better at managing your relations by following the traits of people with good relationship management skills.
References: Travis Bradberry – Emotional Intelligence 2.0